What Variety Means to Oh Ji Ho and Kim Seung Woo

Kim Seung Woo and Oh Ji Ho had very different things to say about variety shows after their experiences with them.

The answers came at the public shoot for tvN’s upcoming drama The Third Hospital, held on July 31 in Hwaseong.



Kim Seung Woo was fairly enthusiastic about variety, as expected as the host of both KBS2’s talk show Win Win and the variety show 1 Night, 2 Days.

“I’m filming [the drama] and variety at the same time, but I don’t have any problems with my physical strength. I’m healthier than others think I am. Actually, [shooting dramas] is harder than the variety show 1 Night, 2 Days. At about the time I was trying to decide whether I would be on 1 Night, 2 Days I got the script for this drama, but I was determined not to take up any pieces while I’m on variety. I needed time to adapt to variety shows like 1 Night, 2 Days. The script, however, was very new to me and I liked the character, so I changed my mind and I felt I should take up the challenge even though it later proves to be a strain. I felt happy the entire time I was filming.”

He then added with a laugh, “The secret behind my health is Sooyoung on set. She’s like vitamins to me.”

It was a moment in which the wit he had polished through variety programs shined through.
He also continued to nag Sooyoung, Oh Ji Ho and Kim Min Jung at the press roundtable, saying, “Why are you being so dull? The reporters are getting bored. Oh Ji Ho should get up now and sing a song for us,” showing off his hosting skills. His every quick and witty move proved that he was indeed an actor in variety.

Oh Ji Ho, on the other hand, was thoroughly embarrassed and more timid on the subject of variety.

In May, he had made an appearance on an episode of tvN’s Saturday Night Live Korea 2 as a host. He garnered praise for his acting in roles like perverts and for acting nonchalantly in risqué yoga skits.

When a reporter asked him whether he had received any more offers to appear on variety, the actor laughed and answered, “Producer Choi Jae Hyung, whom I worked with for Invincible Baseball, never contacted me. 1 Night, 2 Days was already full, too. I actually got some offers to host variety programs, but I turned them down because they were too big for me to handle. I’ll take up variety some other time.”

He didn’t fall behind Kim Seung Woo in wit, however, as he returned every remark, proving that he had what it takes to be a TV personality.

The Third Hospital is about the battle between the genius neurosurgeon Kim Doo Hyun and the genius oriental medicine doctor Kim Seung Hyun. Its first episode will air on September 5.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min



Reporter : Lee, InKyung (judysmall@cj.net)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]

[Most Viewed]
- SS501’ Park Jung Min Thanks Fans For Their Support
- SISTAR Members Don’t Like Being Associated as 4Minute’s Rivals
- [Video] CN Blue Jung Yong Hwa’s Flaunts his Butterfly Muscles
- Producer of ‘Haeundae Lovers’ Says T-ara’s So Yeon is Very Polite
- T-Pain Also Fan of Psy’s ‘Gangnam Style’


No comments:

Post a Comment