Why Park Jin Young Loves Korean Food So Much

Producer Park Jin Young of JYP is known for his love for Korean food.

Although his tastes in other areas are fairly open to other cultures, when it comes to food, he prefers strictly Korean.

Park Jin Young talked about why he came to love Korean food so much through the July 19 broadcast of KBS2’s Happy Together 3.

“I used to always try out the local foods when I visited other countries, but I found myself wanting to have only Korean food at some point,” he said.



The story behind his love is a sad one. It all started when the Wonder Girls ventured to America. As much good experience he was able to gain while in the country, he also racked up a few humiliating and insulting experiences, which left their scars and affected his preference for food.

“In my first year in the States, I was so sad and hurt that I couldn’t even bring myself to eat American food. I got turned down every day, and I came to prefer Korean food,” he said. “Now, I can’t eat anything other than Korean food. I especially like kimchi, so I only eat foods that have kimchi in them.”

Food can be a blissful comfort and can even cure painful scars, and Park Jin Young pointed out that perhaps because he’s Korean, Korean food is the most comforting for him.

He also showed he was proud of certain unique Korean food cultures.

“I’ve been to many countries across the world, but I’ve found that only Korea doesn’t charge extra for side dishes,” said Park Jin Young “For foreigners, it may not be reasonable to get unlimited refills, and it may be an absurd notion on the restaurants’ part. It’s a very unique culture.”

The episode also featured Min Hyo Rin, Park Jin Young’s costar in the film Five Million Dollar Man and 2PM member Nichkhun from JYP Entertainment.

Photo credit: KBS



Reporter : Ko Hong Ju (kohongju@cj.net)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]

[Most Viewed]
- Park Jin Young Reveals He Almost Didn′t Cast 2PM′s Nichkhun
- Jang Woo Young Kept His Dating a Secret from Park Jin Young
- [Interview Part 2] Park Jin Young – “I Don’t Have Interest in Fame or Money. I’m Just Afraid Life Will Be Boring”
- [Interview Part 1] Park Jin Young – “I Plan to Be an Actor For Life”
- [Photo] Park Jin Young Goes Stiff with Nervousness at Preview for ‘Five Million Dollar Man’


No comments:

Post a Comment