An interview with Jun Ji Hyun

Actress Jun Ji Hyun is making her return to the big screen with taking on the role as Anycall in her new movie, “The Thieves”, the role is said to be very closely aligned with her own image. In the movie, she is seen wearing fashionable revealing clothing showing off her slim figure; it has been years, but her beauty has not changed much, the same goddess image with long hair flowing, the only difference is this role she took is a thieve with cool boyish personality who speaks foul language fluently in front of the camera.


In the movie "The Thieves", Anycall is a good who is expertise in using wire to travel around building, and she is also very good at using her beauty as an asset to seduce men. Anycall is not only a woman who speaks foul language; she is also a selfish woman who sees money and herself more important than anything else. Jun Ji Hyun’s strong image fits well with this role; this role seems to be tailor-made for her, her insight and the approach for the role been gaining much attention and receiving compliments by the media and the audience. This not only proved that portray of Anycall’s image is very consistent, and also proved her perfect interpretation of the role of the movie.


Jun Ji Hyun stated, “I found the characteristic of Anycall attractive. Upon receiving the script, I found that Anycall is very charming, I was excited, and felt that this role is perfect. When started shooting, I also tried adding some of lines I created. In fact, almost every lines in Anycall's script are very vulgar and rude, a little adjustment has been made in the actual shooting. And also, the director personally demonstrated Anycall's actions to me, I feel that if there is not this spirit between the actor and director, perhaps filming will be a very difficult task."


In fact, Jun Ji Hyun and director Choi Dong Hun's encouter was quite accidental. Jun Ji-hyun ran into director Choi Dong Hun at the ZARA counter in New York, USA. Jun Ji-hyun was then filming the movie "Daisy" and the PD of that movie is a close friend of Choi Dong Hun's wife, An Soo Hyun, because of that she finally had a chance to work with Choi Dong Hun.


On July 11, right before the interview a series of pictorials were taken for Jun Ji Hyun; she was sitting by the window, her pose and every parts of her are still charming, she is just as glamorous and sophisticated. Jun Ji Hyun remains as kind as she was fifteen years ago, she took the initiative to joke during the interview, her sense of humor made everyone on ease.


In fact, since Jun Ji Hyun's debut, she has always been known as the "mysterious actor.”The movie "My Sassy Girl" is a big success, there was once a wave of Jun Ji Hyun heat in Asia which seems like shes more opened to the public, but unwittingly, Jun Ji Hyun once again return to her mysterious image and was quiet for awhile. Recently, she is making a big screen return with “The Thieves”, seems like she will be active for quite awhile.


In response to this comment, she stated, "I think that my mysticism is not quite a true statement. In actual fact, I feel like its only a name the media gave me. To be honest, the only way I can interact with the audience is through interview and broadcast. A lot of time I am shooting movies abroad, which results in getting fewer chances to show up in front of the public, so I guess this is what makes me look like a mysterious person. When I was young, I always made sure I think twice before saying something. However, now I am being more true to myself, I guess age does matter.”


"I think for the roles I took from previous movies are usually very feminine with the story lines leaning more toward fantasy and unrealistic, however, in “The Thieves”, the role Anycall is rather realistic. During the movie, she can burst out foul language at anytime so the audience will feel the role is more realistic. "


Being called a mysterious actor, occasionally the public can see her face through movie and advertisment, sometimes she's even mistaken as a CF model. Regarding to this, Jun Ji Hyun easily explained people's misunderstanding, said: "it is not true."


"At that time, I felt annoyed because I am not only a CF model. In fact, I thought to myself, in order to be able to be a CF model, the first and most important quality is my popularity. After having that thought in my head, I finally accept what other thought of me as an endorsement. In the future, I will focus in acting activities.”


In addition to the mysticism that other people thought of her; long straight hair also became Jun Ji Hyn's trademark, since her debut, she has always have long straight dark hair.


"In fact, my hair had changed many times, but not many people remember it. Perhaps those hairdo did not leave a deep impression. Short hair is challenge for actresses, and long hair can easily be made into a variety of images, but I think that long hair is more convenient and more suitable for my style.”


In addition, Jun Ji Hyun's upcoming movie "The Thieves" will premiere on July 25.



No comments:

Post a Comment